Friday, February 25, 2011

Remembering Secrets week #4 Track #6 Nigun Lewis

יהודה כ"ץ - ניגון לואיס by YehudahKatz

I am sitting here thinking about the Holiness of Shabbat .Let's bless each other to expereince that Holiness each week in a new and higher way.
Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt"l taught us so much about the Holiness of Shabbat. You could mamash see him glowing each Shabbat you had the honor you spent with him.Like any light, it is transferred without losing any of it's intensity.
Shlomo was transferring all Shabbat long.
I guess that is an appropriate way to say how blessed I feel to have learned Nigun Lewis from my good freind Reb Shlomo Katz.He came over to our home in Beit Meir , perhaps 5 years ago on Rosh Chodesh Av and played a CD with over 50 "new " songs that Reb Shlom C. had written and never recorded. What gems!
As soon as I heard Nigun Lewis I knew that I would love to be honored to record it.
Over the years of singing Nigun Lewis, especailly for the studetns at Pre Army Israeli Mechinot , one could really feel the magic of it's melody and how you can ride it to a higher plain.
And so, I have been blessed and recorded it on this album, with wonderful backing vocals by Rocky Zeigler.
By the way, you too can discover "new " Shlomo tunes and new inspirational words of Torah by subscribing to Reb Shlomo Katz and Nachman Futterman's Reb Shlomo Legacy Foundation. Check it out on the web!
Shabbat Shalom,
Yehudah Katz
Tekoa, Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment